From Michael Theroux <mthero...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Really odd issue (AWS related?)
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2013 14:14:23 GMT
Thanks.

We weren't monitoring this value when the issue occurred, and this particular issue has not
appeared for a couple of days (knock on wood).  Will keep an eye out though,

-Mike

On Apr 26, 2013, at 5:32 AM, Jason Wee wrote:

> top command? st : time stolen from this vm by the hypervisor
>
> jason
>

> On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 9:54 AM, Michael Theroux <mtheroux2@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Sorry, Not sure what CPU steal is :)
>
> I have AWS console with detailed monitoring enabled... things seem to track close to
the minute, so I can see the CPU load go to 0... then jump at about the minute Cassandra reports
the dropped messages,

> -Mike
>
> On Apr 25, 2013, at 9:50 PM, aaron morton wrote:
>
>>> The messages appear right after the node "wakes up".
>> Are you tracking CPU steal ?

>> Aaron Morton
>> Freelance Cassandra Consultant
>> New Zealand
>>
>> @aaronmorton
>> http://www.thelastpickle.com
>>
>> On 25/04/2013, at 4:15 AM, Robert Coli <rcoli@eventbrite.com> wrote:

our cassandra client appears to see this, reporting errors.  We use LOCAL_QUORUM with a RF
of 3 on all queries.  Any idea why clients would see an error?  If only one node reports an
error, shouldn't the consistency level prevent the client from seeing an issue?