From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra services down frequently [Version 1.1.4]
Date Sat, 06 Apr 2013 03:13:36 GMT
> We can see from below that you've tweaked and disabled many of the memory "safety valve"
and other memory related settings.
Agree.
Also you are running with JVM heap size of 3.81GB which is non default. For a 16GB node I
would expect 8GB.

Try restoring the yaml values to the defaults and allowing the cassandra-env.sh file to determine
the memory size.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 5/04/2013, at 12:36 PM, Bryan Talbot <btalbot@aeriagames.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 1:27 AM, <adeel.akbar@panasiangroup.com> wrote:
>
> After some time (1 hour / 2 hour) cassandra shut services on one or two nodes with follwoing
errors;

> Wonder what the workload and schema is like ...
>
> We can see from below that you've tweaked and disabled many of the memory "safety valve"
and other memory related settings.  Those could be causing issues too.