From Sorin Manolache <sor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Prepared Statement - cache duration (CQL3 - Cassandra 1.2.4)
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2013 22:23:17 GMT
On 2013-04-19 13:57, Stuart Broad wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using Cassandra.Client
> prepare_cql3_query/execute_prepared_cql3_query to create and run some
> prepared statements.  It is working well but I am unclear as to how long
> the server side 'caches' the prepared statements.  Should a prepared
> statement be prepared for every new Cassandra.Client?  Based on my
> limited testing it seems like I can create some prepared statements in
> one Cassandra.Client and use in another but I am not sure how
> reliable/lasting this is i.e.  If I called the prepared statement again
> the next day would it still exist?  What about if cassandra was re-started?

I don't know the answer and I have the same question. But have a look at
this discussion, dating from September 2012.

Apparently prepared statements are shared among threads (they were
per-connection previously), they don't survive server restarts,
apparently there's an LRU mechanism, and apparently you get a special
exception if the prepared statement "disappeared" so you can prepare it
again.

Regards,
Sorin