From "himanshu.joshi" <himanshu.jo...@orkash.com>
Subject Getting error while inserting data in cassandra table using Java with JDBC
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2013 13:31:03 GMT
Hi,

When I am trying to insert the data into a table using Java with JDBC, I
am getting the error

InvalidRequestException(why:cannot parse 'Jo' as hex bytes)

My insert quarry is:
insert into temp(id,name,value,url_id) VALUES(108, 'Aa','Jo',10);

This insert quarry is running successfully from CQLSH command prompt but
not from the code

The quarry I have used to create the table in CQLSH is:

CREATE TABLE temp (
   id bigint PRIMARY KEY,
   dt_stamp timestamp,
   name text,
   url_id bigint,
   value text
) WITH
   bloom_filter_fp_chance=0.010000 AND
   caching='KEYS_ONLY' AND
   comment='' AND
   dclocal_read_repair_chance=0.000000 AND
   gc_grace_seconds=864000 AND
   read_repair_chance=0.100000 AND
   replicate_on_write='true' AND
   populate_io_cache_on_flush='false' AND
   compaction={'class': 'SizeTieredCompactionStrategy'} AND
   compression={'sstable_compression': 'SnappyCompressor'};

I guess the problem may because of undefined
key_validation_class,default_validation_class and comparator etc.
Is there any way to define these attributes using CQLSH ?
I have already tried ASSUME command but it also have not resolved the
problem.

I am a beginner in cassandra and need your guidance.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Himanshu Joshi