From Michal Michalski <mich...@opera.com>
Subject Re: Repair does not fix inconsistency
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2013 11:02:51 GMT
Hi Christian,

About CASSANDRA-4905 - thanks for explaining this :-)

> This looks to me more like a secondary index issue. If you say the access
> via rowkey is always correct, then the repair works fine. I think there
> might be something wrong with your secondary index then.

This was my first thought too, but if you take a look at the logs I
attached to previous e-mail, you'll notice that query "by key"
(no-index.log) retrieves data from BOTH replicas, while the "by indexed
column" one (index.log) talks only to one of them (too bad it's the one
that contains tombstone only - 1:7). In the first case it is possible to
"resolve" the conflict and return the proper result, while in the second
case it's impossible because tombstone is the only thing that is
returned for this key.

Moreover, when I query this CF by indexed column with CL >= TWO it
_does_ return proper result. If index was broken I'd expect it to be
broken in this case too. Thus, from my point of view it's rather a
repair-related thing, than index-related one.

M.