From aaron morton <>
Subject Re: SSTables not opened on new cluste
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2013 20:36:42 GMT
Double check the file permissions ?

Write some data (using cqlsh or cassandra-cli) and flush to make sure the new files are created
where you expect them to be.

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

On 1/05/2013, at 4:15 AM, Philippe <> wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm trying to bring up a copy of an existing 3-node cluster running 1.0.8 into a 3-node
cluster running 1.0.11.
> The new cluster has been configured to have the same tokens and the same partitioner.

> Initially, I copied the files in the data directory of each node into their corresponding
node on the new cluster. When starting the new cluster, it didn't pick up the KS & CF.
> So I remove the directories, created the schema, stopped cassandra and copied the data
back. None of the SSTables are opened at startup.
> When I nodetool refresh them, it says "No new SSTables where found for  XXX/YYY" where
X is my KS and Y is my CF
> I'm totally stumped: any ideas as to why this is happening ? I've checked that there
are actual files there and that the permissions are correct.
> Thanks.

View raw message