From Cem Cayiroglu <cayiro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Linear scalability problems
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2013 14:08:57 GMT
What was the RF before adding nodes?

Sent from my iPhone

On 04 Apr 2013, at 15:12, Anand Somani <meatforums@gmail.com> wrote:

> We are using a single process with multiple threads, will look at client side delays.
>
> Thanks
>
> On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 9:30 AM, Tyler Hobbs <tyler@datastax.com> wrote:
> If I had to guess, I would say that your client is the bottleneck, not the cluster.
Are you inserting data with multiple threads or processes?

> On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 8:49 AM, Anand Somani <meatforums@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running some tests trying to scale out our application from using a 3 node cluster
to 6 node cluster. The thing I observed is that when using a 3 node cluster I was able to
handle abt 41 req/second, so I added 3 more nodes thinking it should close to double, but
instead it only goes upto bat 47 req/second!! I am doing something wrong and it is not obvious,
so wanted some help in what stats could/should I monitor to tell me things like if a node
has more requests or if the load distribution is not random enough?

> Note I am using direct thrift (old code base) and cassandra 1.1.6. The data model is
for storing blobs (split across columns) and has around 6 CF, RF=3 and all operations are
at quorum. Also at the end of the run nodetool ring reports the same data size.