From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: How to stop Cassandra and then restart it in windows?
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2013 19:43:18 GMT
> Error: Exception thrown by the agent : java.rmi.server.ExportException: Port already in
use: 7199; nested exception is:
>         java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
The process is already running, is it installed as a service and was it automatically started
when the system started ?

either shut it down using the service management or find the process (however you do that
in windows) and kill it.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 18/04/2013, at 4:26 AM, Raihan Jamal <jamalraihan@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Can anyone provide any help on this?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> Raihan Jamal
>

> On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 6:50 PM, Raihan Jamal <jamalraihan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I installed single node cluster in my local dev box which is running Windows 7 and it
was working fine. Due to some reason, I need to restart my desktop and then after that whenever
I am doing like this on the command prompt, it always gives me the below exception-

> S:\Apache Cassandra\apache-cassandra-1.2.3\bin>cassandra -f
> Starting Cassandra Server
> Error: Exception thrown by the agent : java.rmi.server.ExportException: Port already
in use: 7199; nested exception is:
>         java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
>

> Meaning port being used somewhere. I have made some changes in cassandra.yaml file so
I need to shutdown the Cassandra server and then restart it again.