From Viktor Jevdokimov <Viktor.Jevdoki...@adform.com>
Subject RE: Why do Datastax docs recommend Java 6?
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2013 05:50:50 GMT
Interesting, almost pause-less?
Do you have any stats on GC frequency and time?
What settings?

With Oracle we can achieve ParNewGC pauses within 100-200ms once in 3-5 sec. Lower pauses
(like within 50-100ms) could be achieved with greater frequency, but that makes worse results
from client standpoint and throughput.

Best regards / Pagarbiai
Viktor Jevdokimov
Senior Developer

Email: Viktor.Jevdokimov@adform.com<mailto:Viktor.Jevdokimov@adform.com>
Phone: +370 5 212 3063, Fax +370 5 261 0453
J. Jasinskio 16C, LT-01112 Vilnius, Lithuania
Follow us on Twitter: @adforminsider<http://twitter.com/#!/adforminsider>
Take a ride with Adform's Rich Media Suite<http://vimeo.com/adform/richmedia>

[Adform News] <http://www.adform.com>
[Adform awarded the Best Employer 2012] <http://www.adform.com/site/blog/adform/adform-takes-top-spot-in-best-employer-survey/>

Disclaimer: The information contained in this message and attachments is intended solely for
the attention and use of the named addressee and may be confidential. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are reminded that the information remains the property of the sender. You must
not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. If you have received this
message in error, please contact the sender immediately and irrevocably delete this message
and any copies.