From <cscetbon....@orange.com>
Subject Re: Really have to repair ?
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2013 14:15:45 GMT
So, you're saying that deleted rows can come back even if the node is always up or down for
less than max_hint_window_in_ms, right ?

--
Cyril SCETBON

On Apr 5, 2013, at 11:59 PM, Edward Capriolo <edlinuxguru@gmail.com<mailto:edlinuxguru@gmail.com>>
wrote:

There are a series of edge cases that dictate the need for repair. The largest cases are 1)
lost deletes 2) random disk corruptions

In our use case we only delete entire row keys, and if the row key comes back it is not actually
a problem because our software will find it an delete it again. In those places we dodge running
repair believe it or not.

Edward

On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 11:22 AM, Jean-Armel Luce <jaluce06@gmail.com<mailto:jaluce06@gmail.com>>