From adeel.ak...@panasiangroup.com
Subject Re: Cassandra services down frequently [Version 1.1.4]
Date Sat, 06 Apr 2013 12:53:19 GMT
Thank you Aaron and Bryan for your advice.

I have changed following parameters and now Cassandra running
absolutely fine. Please review below setting and advice am I right or
right direction.

cassandra-env.sh
#JVM_OPTS="$JVM_OPTS -ea"
MAX_HEAP_SIZE="6G"
HEAP_NEWSIZE="500M"

  cassandra.yaml
# do not persist caches to disk
key_cache_save_period: 0
row_cache_save_period: 0

key_cache_size_in_mb: 512
row_cache_size_in_mb: 14336
row_cache_provider: SerializingCacheProvider

I have a querry, if Cassandra is using JVM for all operations then why
we need change above parameters separately in cassandra.yaml.

Thanks & Regards

Adeel Akbar