From Michael Theroux <mthero...@yahoo.com>
Subject Timestamps and CQL
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2013 13:20:34 GMT
Hello,

We are having an odd sporadic issue that I believe maybe due to time synchronization.  Without
going into details on the issue right now, quick question, from the documentation I see numerous
references that Cassandra utilizes timestamps generated by the clients to determine write
serialization.  However, going through the code, it appears that for CQL over thrift, it will
only use client generated timestamps if "USING TIMESTAMP" is utilized in the cql statement,
otherwise it will use a server-generated timestamp.

I was looking through 1.1.2 code.

Am I reading this correctly?

-Mike