From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: How to stop Cassandra and then restart it in windows?
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2013 07:54:12 GMT
> Cassandra -f
>
> So I believe that's why it is getting started as service.
Starts it in the foreground.

Sorry I dont use windows. Try moving the install and see what complains at startup, check
the system logs to see if there is an error.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 18/04/2013, at 12:21 PM, Raihan Jamal <jamalraihan@gmail.com> wrote:

> When I first started cassandra, I started as-
>
> Cassandra -f
>
> So I believe that's why it is getting started as service. Whenever I reboot my machine,
Cassandra is up always. I am not able to find that process in windows to shut it down. I tried
finding 7199 port but not able to find that one out.

> In the service management also, I am not able to figure out what service I need to stop.
I cannot find any service related to Cassandra.

> Any thoughts?
>

> Raihan Jamal
>

> On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 12:43 PM, aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:
>> Error: Exception thrown by the agent : java.rmi.server.ExportException: Port already
in use: 7199; nested exception is:
>>         java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
> The process is already running, is it installed as a service and was it automatically
started when the system started ?

> either shut it down using the service management or find the process (however you do
that in windows) and kill it.

> Cheers
>
> -----------------
> Aaron Morton
> Freelance Cassandra Consultant
> New Zealand
>
> @aaronmorton
> http://www.thelastpickle.com
>
> On 18/04/2013, at 4:26 AM, Raihan Jamal <jamalraihan@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Can anyone provide any help on this?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>

>> Raihan Jamal
>>

>> On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 6:50 PM, Raihan Jamal <jamalraihan@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I installed single node cluster in my local dev box which is running Windows 7 and
it was working fine. Due to some reason, I need to restart my desktop and then after that
whenever I am doing like this on the command prompt, it always gives me the below exception-

>> S:\Apache Cassandra\apache-cassandra-1.2.3\bin>cassandra -f
>> Starting Cassandra Server
>> Error: Exception thrown by the agent : java.rmi.server.ExportException: Port already
in use: 7199; nested exception is:
>>         java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
>>

>> Meaning port being used somewhere. I have made some changes in cassandra.yaml file
so I need to shutdown the Cassandra server and then restart it again.