From <cscetbon....@orange.com>
Subject Re: Really have to repair ?
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2013 15:52:30 GMT
That's exactly what I understood and why I was using the max_hint_window_in_ms threshold to
force a manual repair.
--
Cyril SCETBON

On Apr 5, 2013, at 5:22 PM, Jean-Armel Luce <jaluce06@gmail.com<mailto:jaluce06@gmail.com>>
wrote:

Hi Cyril,

According to the documentation (http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/Operations#Frequency_of_nodetool_repair),
I understand that is is not necessary to repair every node before gc_grace_seconds if you
are sure that you don't miss to run a repair each time a node is down longer than gc_grace_seconds.

"*IF* your operations team is sufficiently on the ball, you can get by without repair as long
as you do not have hardware failure -- in that case, HintedHandoff is adequate to repair successful
updates that some replicas have missed"

Am I wrong ? Thoughts ?