From <praveen.akun...@wipro.com>
Subject How to use Write Consistency 'ANY' with SSTABLELOADER - DSE Cassandra 1.1.9
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2013 13:05:37 GMT
Hi All,

We have a requirement to load approximately 10 million records, each record with approximately
100 columns. We are planning to use the Bulk-loader program to convert the data into SSTables
and then load them using SSTABLELOADER.

Everything is working fine when all nodes are up and running and the performance is very good.
However, when a node is down, the streaming fails and the operation stops. We have to run
the SSTABLELOADER with option 'I' to exclude the node that is down. I was wondering if we
can enforce Consistency level of 'ANY' with SSTABLELOADER as well.

We tried specifying the consistency level 'ANY' at Keyspace level. However, this is not being
used by the SSTABLELOADER. It is still looking for all the nodes to be available.

1. Please can anyone suggest how we can enforce Write Consistency level when using SSTABLELOADER?

2. Will Sqoop be a good option in these scenarios? Do we have any performance stats generated
while loading data into Cassandra with Sqoop?

Environment:

Cassandra 1.1.9 provided as part of DSE 3.0
3 Nodes
Replication Factor – 3
Consistency Level – ANY

Regards,
Praveen

Wipro Limited (Company Regn No in UK FC 019088)
Address: Level 2, West wing, 3 Sheldon Square, London W2 6PS, United Kingdom. Tel +44 20 7432
8500 Fax: +44 20 7286 5703

VAT Number: 563 1964 27

(Branch of Wipro Limited (Incorporated in India at Bangalore with limited liability vide Reg
no L99999KA1945PLC02800 with Registrar of Companies at Bangalore, India. Authorized share
capital  Rs 5550 mn))

of this message and any attachments.

www.wipro.com