From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Building SSTables using SSTableSimpleUnsortedWriter (v. 1.2.3)
Date Sun, 21 Apr 2013 20:55:13 GMT
The key to your problem is likely the row key.

Take a look in at the table schema / sample data in the cassandra-cli to see how CQL uses
composites also http://thelastpickle.com/2013/01/11/primary-keys-in-cql/

The simple thing to do is use COMPACT STORAGE but that may not suite all use cases http://www.datastax.com/docs/1.2/cql_cli/cql/CREATE_TABLE

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 20/04/2013, at 4:36 PM, David McNelis <dmcnelis@gmail.com> wrote:

> Was trying to do a test of writing SSTs for a CQL3 table.  So I created the following
table:

> CREATE TABLE test_sst_load (
>   mykey1 ascii,
>   mykey2 ascii,
>   value1 ascii,
>   PRIMARY KEY (mykey1, mykey2)
> )
>
> I then set up my writer like so: (moved to gist: https://gist.github.com/dmcnelis/5424756
)

> This created my SST files ok and they imported without throwing any sorts of errors (had
-v and --debug on) when using sstableloader.

> When I went to query my data in cqlsh, I got an rpc error.  In my system.log I saw an
exception: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
>  (also at the gist above).
>
> I had a feeling that it wouldn't work.. but I can't see a way with the SSTableSimpleUnsortedWriter
(or in the AbstractSSTableWriter) to create an sstable file that is going to work with the
CQL3 tables.  I know its got to be possible, I can import SSTs with the sstableloader from
one cluster to another, where the tables are CQL3.