I'm running a Cassandra 1.1.10 cluster with a ByteOrderedPartitioner. I'm generating a key to force an object to be stored in a specific machine. When I used org.apache.cassandra.thrift.CassandraServer to store the object, this object was stored on correct machine. When I used Thrift, the key is changed by Cassandra. Cassandra Thrift add a prefix control bytes to Partitioner key and send the object always to the same machine because the key prefix is the same.

Is it any error?

--
Atenciosamente,
Sávio S. Teles de Oliveira