I'm running a Cassandra 1.1.10 cluster with a ByteOrderedPartitioner. I'm generating a key to force an object to be stored in a specific machine. When I used org.apache.cassandra.thrift.CassandraServer to store the object, this object was stored on correct machine. When I used Thrift, the key is changed by Cassandra. Cassandra Thrift add a prefix control bytes to Partitioner key and send the object always to the same machine because the key prefix is the same.

Is it any error?

Sávio S. Teles de Oliveira
voice: +55 62 9136 6996
Mestrando em Ciências da Computação - UFG
Arquiteto de Software
Laboratory for Ubiquitous and Pervasive Applications (LUPA) - UFG