Yeah, I didn't mean "normal" as in "what most people use". I meant that they are not "strange" like Tyler mentions.

2013/3/28 aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com>
The cleanup operation took several minutes though. This doesn't seem normal then
It read all the data and made sure the node was a replica for it. Since a single node cluster replicas all data, there was not a lot to throw away.

My replication settings should be very normal (simple strategy and replication factor 1).
Most people use the Network Topology Strategy and RF 3, even if they dont have multiple DC's.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand