I'm running 1.2.3 and have both CQL3 tabels and old school style CFs in my cluster.

I'd had a large insert job running the last several days which just ended.... it had been inserting using cql3 insert statements in a cql3 table.

Now, I show no compactions going on in my cluster but for some reason any cql3 query I try to execute, insert, select, through cqlsh or through external library, all time out with an rpc_timeout.

If I use cassandra-cli, I can do "list tablename limit 10" and immediately get my 10 rows back.

However, if I do "select * from tablename limit 10" I get the rpc timeout error.  Same table, same server.  It doesn't seem to matter if I'm hitting a cql3 definited table or older style.

Load on the nodes is relatively low at the moment.

Any suggestions short of restarting nodes?  This is a pretty major issue for us right now.