On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 5:08 AM, John Grogan <Vanguard@dir-uk.org> wrote:

A quick question for you - I am completely new to noSQL databases and the architecture of Cassandra. So, I'm still way down the learning curve.

I downloaded and installed the OpsCenter last night, but I first need to configure it. I want to install 2 nodes on my laptop and then start building some code around it to move my DB from mySQL. I've had a look at the DataStax website for some info on the very basics - setting up nodes, configuration etc, but couldn't see anything. Is there anything there that you can point me at? Or alternatively, any other sites that provide a good overview with examples?

This page should be helpful: http://www.datastax.com/docs/1.2/index

Steven's suggestion to use ccm to run a small cluster on your laptop is also good; that's a very easy way to go.  If you go with ccm, there's a little work that needs to be done with OpsCenter to get it working: http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/running-opscenter-with-a-local-development-cluster

I see that Jonathan Ellis is in London Wednesday at the Cassandra group's talk so will try to drop by and say hello.

Cool, I hope the meetup goes well.

--
Tyler Hobbs
DataStax