Thanks Steven - I will take a look.

On 4 Mar 2013, at 11:41, Steven Siebert wrote:

Since your just starting out and it seems like you want to get past the admin hurdles and start coding, may I suggest you use https://github.com/pcmanus/ccm to get your local test environment setup.

Setting up a production Cassandra cluster takes a fair amount of planning (before) and tuning (during/after) in my experience.  Both need to be done once you decide Cassandra is "right" for your data....ccm is nice in that you don't need to invest a lot in Cassandra to figure that out :-)

Hope this helps,