From Andras Szerdahelyi <andras.szerdahe...@ignitionone.com>
Subject 33million hinted handoffs from nowhere
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2013 13:25:51 GMT
Hi list,

I am experiencing seemingly uncontrollable and unexplained growth of my HintedHandoff CF on
a single node. Unexplained because there are no hinted handoffs being logged on the node,
uncontrollable because I see 33 million inserts in cfstats and the size of the stables is
over 10 gigs all in an hour of uptime.

I have done the following to try and reproduce this:

- shut down my cluster
- on all nodes: remove sstables from the HintsColumnFamily data dir
- on all nodes: remove commit logs
- start all nodes but the one that’s showing this problem
- nothing is writing to any of the nodes. There are no hinted handoff going on anywhere
- bring back the node in question last
- few seconds after boot:

                Column Family: HintsColumnFamily
                SSTable count: 1