From Yuki Morishita <mor.y...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: index_interval file size is the same after modifying 128 to 512?
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2013 16:37:01 GMT
Index.db file always contains *all* position of the keys in data file.
index_interval is the rate that the position of the key in index file is store in memory.
So that C* can begin scanning index file from closest position.

On Friday, March 22, 2013 at 11:17 AM, Hiller, Dean wrote:

> I was just curious. Our RAM has significantly reduced but the *Index.db files are the
same size size as before.

> Any ideas why this would be the case?
>
> Basically, Why is our disk size not reduced since RAM is way lower? We are running strong
now with 512 index_interval for past 2-3 days and RAM never looked better. We were pushing
10G before and now we are 2G slowing increasing to 8G before gc compacts the long lived stuff
which goes back down to 2G again…..very pleased with LCS in our system!!!!!