From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: nodetool repair hung?
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2013 19:52:03 GMT
> > nodetool repair is not coming back on the command line
As a side, nodetool command makes a call to the server for each KS you are repairing. The
calls are done in serial and if your terminal session times out the repair will stop after
the last call nodetool made.

If I'm manually running nodetool I run it in a screen .

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 26/03/2013, at 4:00 PM, S C <asf11@outlook.com> wrote:

> Thank you. It helped me.
>
> > Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 15:22:32 -0700
> > From: wz1975@yahoo.com
> > Subject: Re: nodetool repair hung?
> > To: user@cassandra.apache.org
> >
> > check nodetool tpstats and looking for AntiEntropySessions/AntiEntropyStages
> > grep the log and looking for "repair" and "merkle tree"

Did it hang? How do you find if the repair was successful?