From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Clearing tombstones
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2013 03:00:34 GMT
> The cleanup operation took several minutes though. This doesn't seem normal then
It read all the data and made sure the node was a replica for it. Since a single node cluster
replicas all data, there was not a lot to throw away.

> My replication settings should be very normal (simple strategy and replication factor
1).
Most people use the Network Topology Strategy and RF 3, even if they dont have multiple DC's.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 28/03/2013, at 3:34 AM, Joel Samuelsson <samuelsson.joel@gmail.com> wrote:

> I see. The cleanup operation took several minutes though. This doesn't seem normal then?
My replication settings should be very normal (simple strategy and replication factor 1).

> 2013/3/26 Tyler Hobbs <tyler@datastax.com>
>
> On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 5:39 AM, Joel Samuelsson <samuelsson.joel@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry. I failed to mention that all my CFs had a gc_grace_seconds of 0 since it's a 1
node cluster. I managed to accomplish what I wanted by first  running cleanup and then compact.
Is there any logic to this or should my tombstones be cleared by just running compact?

> There's nothing for cleanup to do on a single node cluster (unless you've changed your
replication settings in a strange way, like setting no replicas for a keyspace).  Just doing
a major compaction will take care of tombstones that are gc_grace_seconds old.