From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Consistency level for system_auth keyspace
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2013 15:45:05 GMT
> In this case, it means that if there is a network split between the 2 datacenters, it
is impossible to get the quorum, and all connections will be rejected.
Yes.

> Is there a reason why Cassandra uses the Quorum consistency level ?
I would guess to ensure there is a single, cluster wide, set of permissions.

Using LOCAL or one could result in some requests that are rejected being allowed on other
nodes.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 1/03/2013, at 6:40 AM, Jean-Armel Luce <jaluce06@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I am using Cassandra 1.2.2.
> There are 16 nodes in my cluster in 2 datacenters (8 nodes in each datacenter).
> I am using NetworkTopologyStrategy.
>
> For information, I set a RF = 6 (3 replicas in each datacenter)
>
> With 1.2.2, I am using the new authentication backend PasswordAuthenticator with the
authorizer CassandraAuthorizer.

> In the documentation (http://www.datastax.com/docs/1.2/security/security_keyspace_replication#security-keyspace-replication),
it is written that for all system_auth-related queries, Cassandra uses the QUORUM consistency
level.