From aaron morton <>
Subject Re: TimeUUID Order Partitioner
Date Sun, 24 Mar 2013 17:39:16 GMT
The best thing to do is start with a look at ByteOrderedPartitoner and AbstractByteOrderedPartitioner.

You'll want to create a new TimeUUIDToken extends Token<UUID> and a new UUIDPartitioner
that extends AbstractPartitioner<>

Usual disclaimer that ordered partitioners cause problems with load balancing.

Hope that helps.

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

On 25/03/2013, at 1:12 AM, Carlos Pérez Miguel <> wrote:

> Hi,
> I store in my system rows where the key is a UUID version1, TimeUUID. I would like to
maintain rows ordered by time. I know that in this case, it is recomended to use an external
CF where column names are UUID ordered by time. But in my use case this is not possible, so
I would like to use a custom Partitioner in order to do this. If I use ByteOrderedPartitioner
rows are not correctly ordered because of the way a UUID stores the timestamp. What is needed
in order to implement my own Partitioner?
> Thank you.
> Carlos Pérez Miguel

View raw message