From Michael Theroux <mthero...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: 13k pending compaction tasks but ZERO running?
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2013 15:32:31 GMT
One more warning (which I'm sure you know, but in case others see this), nodetool compact does
a major compaction for STS, and is in general, not recommended for STS.  I only ran it on
the tables we've converted to LCS.

-Mike

On Mar 14, 2013, at 11:26 AM, Michael Theroux wrote:

> Hi Dean,
>
> I saw the same behavior when we switched from STCS to LCS on a couple of our tables.
 Not sure why it doesn't proceed immediately (I pinged the list, but didn't get any feedback).
 However, running nodetool compact <keyspace> <table> got things moving for me.

> -Mike
>
> On Mar 14, 2013, at 10:44 AM, Hiller, Dean wrote:
>
>> How do I get my node to run through the 13k pending compaction tasks?  I had to use
iptables to take the ring out of the cluster for now and he is my only node still on STCS.
 In cassandra-cli, it shows LCS but on disk, I see a 36Gig file(ie. Must be STCS still).
How can I get the 13k pending tasks to start running?