From Brett Tinling <btinl...@lacunasystems.com>
Subject Re: secondary index problem
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2013 22:02:49 GMT
Aaron,

No recipe yet.  It pops up randomly and, i think due to the nature of our app, goes away.

Seems like when we have updates that are large (10k rows in one mutate) the problem is more
likely to occur.

I'll try to workout a repro...

-Brett

On Mar 18, 2013, at 10:18 AM, aaron morton wrote:

> Brett,
> 	Do you have some steps to reproduce the problem ? If so please create a ticket on jira.

> Cheers
>
> -----------------
> Aaron Morton
> Freelance Cassandra Consultant
> New Zealand
>
> @aaronmorton
> http://www.thelastpickle.com
>
> On 16/03/2013, at 11:40 AM, Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalkanen@ecyrd.com> wrote:
>

>> This could be either of the following bugs (which might be the same thing).  I get
it too every time I recycle a node on 1.1.10.

>> or
>>
>> /Janne
>>
>> On Mar 15, 2013, at 23:24 , Brett Tinling <btinling@lacunasystems.com> wrote:
>>
>>> We have a CF with an indexed column 'type', but we get incomplete results when
we query that CF for all rows matching 'type'.  We can find the missing rows if we query by
key.

>>> * we are seeing this on a small, single node, 1.2.2 instance with few rows.
>>> * we use thrift execute_cql_query, no CL is specified
>>> * none of repair, restart, compact, scrub helped
>>>
>>> Finally, nodetool rebuild_index fixed it.
>>>
>>> Is index rebuild something we need to do periodically?  How often?  Is there
a way to know when it needs to be done?  Do we have to run rebuild on all nodes?