From "Hiller, Dean" <Dean.Hil...@nrel.gov>
Subject Re: cassandra 1.2.2 build generates slightly different than one on website
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2013 18:01:22 GMT
Very weird.  I went back and tried to reproduce it after cleaning all changes from git.  I
am not sure how that got deleted nor how I ended up with wordcount *.class files since I am
not doing any map/reduce or anything…..oh well, must have made a mistake somewhere.

Thanks,
Dean

From: Sylvain Lebresne <sylvain@datastax.com<mailto:sylvain@datastax.com>>
Date: Friday, March 15, 2013 11:51 AM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>" <user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: cassandra 1.2.2 build generates slightly different than one on website

I suspect you are doing something wrong because both the released archive (I just checked)
and the tag (as shown here: https://github.com/apache/cassandra/blob/cassandra-1.2.2/bin/cassandra.in.sh)
have the cassandra.in.sh<http://cassandra.in.sh> file.

--
Sylvain

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 6:11 PM, Hiller, Dean <Dean.Hiller@nrel.gov<mailto:Dean.Hiller@nrel.gov>>
wrote:
On git, I checkout out tag 1.2.2 and built it and then tar –xvf the bin distro, but it

 1.  Has extra *.class files in apache-cassandra-1.2.2-SNAPSHOT/bin directory
 2.  Is missing the cassandra.in.sh<http://cassandra.in.sh> so it would not actually
start properly?

The second one took me a while to figure out.  This makes me unsure if the tag is actually
matching what was released?

Thanks,
Dean