From "Hiller, Dean" <Dean.Hil...@nrel.gov>
Subject word of caution to those switching to LCS from SizeTieredStrategy
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2013 13:08:16 GMT
We tested it in QA, but in production it brought our cluster to a halt even though we setcompactionthroughput
to 1, we were severely limited.  Nodetool stop compaction did not seem to have any impact
either.  We ended up increasing memory on one node to help alleviate some issue(cranked it
up to 16G and we hope to put it back down to 8 G later).

Just be careful if you are trying to make the switch.  Also, I added this jira ticket which
would be extremely nice to turn on LCS for a CF/node and do a node by node switch…

Dean