From "Hiller, Dean" <Dean.Hil...@nrel.gov>
Subject what size file for LCS is best for 300-500G per node?
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2013 18:52:27 GMT
Should we really be going with 5MB when it compresses to 3MB?  That seems to be on the small
side, right?  We have ulimit cranked up so many files "shouldn't" be an issue but maybe we
should go to 10MB or 100MB or something in between?  Does anyone have any experience with
changing the LCS sizes?

I do read somewhere startup times of opening 100,000 files could be slow????? Which implies
a larger size so less files might be better?

Thanks,
Dean