From "Hiller, Dean" <Dean.Hil...@nrel.gov>
Subject Re: upgrade 1.1.4 to 1.2.2 around 120x performance loss(one node only)
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2013 18:31:48 GMT
Ignore, found out this seems to be astyanax related as the cassandra-cli is lightning quick.

Dean

From: <Hiller>, Nrel <Dean.Hiller@nrel.gov<mailto:Dean.Hiller@nrel.gov>>
Date: Friday, March 1, 2013 11:18 AM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>" <user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>>
Subject: upgrade 1.1.4 to 1.2.2 around 120x performance loss(one node only)

I setup a QA system copying our production system which was accidentally SimpleSnitch I found
out but we are only in one datacenter right now luckily.

I have 4 nodes on 1.1.4 and I ran the following commands to upgrade ONE SINGLE NODE to 1.2.2

#on the node itself
nodetool drain
nodetool -h localhost -p 7199 snapshot databus5 -t 1.2.2a
#AS ROOT...
rm /opt/cassandra
ln -s /opt/cassandra-1.2.2 /opt/cassandra
#BACK to cassandra(it won't run as root anyways as not in path)
cassandra -Dcassandra.join_ring=false -Dcassandra.start_rpc=false
nodetool upgradesstables databus5
Kill {pid} #take cassandra back down
Cassandra #start cassandra

My web page now takes 2 minutes/120 seconds to return back to me.  Is anyone else experiencing
this?

Thanks,
Dean