From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: cassandra performance
Date Sun, 24 Mar 2013 17:43:12 GMT
> "select CPUTime,User,site from CF(or tablename) where user=xxx and Jobtype=xxx"
Even thought cassandra has tables and looks like a RDBMS it's not.
Queries with multiple secondary index clauses will not perform as well as those with none.

 There is plenty of documentation here http://www.datastax.com/docs , start with the help
on data modelling to get an idea of how Cassandra is different.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

-----------------

On 25/03/2013, at 4:32 AM, Derek Williams <derek@fyrie.net> wrote:

> Biggest advantage of Cassandra is it's ability to scale linearly as more nodes are added
and it's ability to handle node failures.

> Also to get the maximum performance from Cassandra you need to be making multiple requests
in parallel.

> On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 3:15 AM, 张刚 <zhang.ihep@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I am new to Cassandra.I do some test on a single machine. I install Cassandra with a
binary tarball distribution.
> I create a CF to store the data that get from MySQL. The CF has the same fields as the
table in MySQL. So it looks like a table.
> I do the same select from the CF in Cassandra and the table in MySQL,and I find the processing
time of MySQL is better than Cassandra.