From Jabbar Azam <aja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cannot start Cassandra on Windows7
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2013 16:13:36 GMT
Oops, I also had opscenter installed on my PC.

My  changes

log4j-server.properties file
------------------------------------
log4j.appender.R.File=c:/var/log/cassandra/system.log

cassandra.yaml file
----------------------------

# directories where Cassandra should store data on disk.
data_file_directories:
    - c:/var/lib/cassandra/data

# commit log
commitlog_directory: c:/var/lib/cassandra/commitlog

# saved caches
saved_caches_directory: c:/var/lib/cassandra/saved_caches*

*
I also added an environment variable for windows called CASSANDRA_HOME*
*
*
*
I needed to do this for one of my colleagues and now it's documented ;)*

*
*
*

--