From Tristan Seligmann <mithra...@mithrandi.net>
Subject Re: -pr vs. no -pr
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2013 10:06:56 GMT
On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 12:39 AM, Hiller, Dean <Dean.Hiller@nrel.gov> wrote:
> Isn't it true if I have 6 nodes, I could run nodetool repair on just 2 nodes(RF=3) instead
of using nodetool repair –pr???

> What is the advantage of –pr then?

I think the main advantage of nodetool is that you don't have to
calculate / determine which nodes to run repair on; you can just run
nodetool repair -pr on every node without doing redundant work. If you
run nodetool repair without -pr, then you need to run repair against
only every RFth node (every third node, in your case, which for 6
nodes total is 2 nodes, as you said) to avoid doing redundant work.
The end result is the same as far as I know.