From Robert Coli <robert.d.a.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HintedHandoff IOError?
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2013 21:13:43 GMT
On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 7:05 AM, Janne Jalkanen
<janne.jalkanen@ecyrd.com> wrote:
> I keep seeing these in my log.  Three-node cluster, one node is working fine, but two
other nodes have increased latencies and these in the error logs (might of course be unrelated).
No obvious GC pressure, no disk errors that I can see.  Ubuntu 12.04 on EC2, Java 7. Repair
is run regularly.

> My two questions: 1) should I worry, and 2) what might be going on, and 3) is there any
way to get rid of these? Can I just blow my HintedHandoff table to smithereens?

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cassandra/trunk/src/java/org/apache/cassandra/io/sstable/IndexHelper.java
"
public static Filter defreezeBloomFilter(FileDataInput file, long
maxSize, boolean useOldBuffer) throws IOException
    {
        int size = file.readInt();
        if (size > maxSize || size <= 0)
            throw new EOFException("bloom filter claims to be " + size
+ " bytes, longer than entire row size " + maxSize);
        ByteBuffer bytes = file.readBytes(size);
"

Based on the above, I would suspect either a zero byte -Filter.db file
or a corrupt one. Probably worry a little bit, but only a little bit
unless your cluster is RF=1.

=Rob