From Sávio Teles <>
Subject Thrift key
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2013 13:31:35 GMT
I'm running a Cassandra 1.1.10 cluster with a ByteOrderedPartitioner. I'm
generating a key to force an object to be stored in a specific machine.
When I used org.apache.cassandra.thrift.CassandraServer to store the
object, this object was stored on correct machine. When I used Thrift, the
key is changed by Cassandra. Cassandra Thrift add a prefix control bytes to
Partitioner key and send the object always to the same machine because the
key prefix is the same.

Is it any error?

Sávio S. Teles de Oliveira
voice: +55 62 9136 6996
Mestrando em Ciências da Computação - UFG
Arquiteto de Software
Laboratory for Ubiquitous and Pervasive Applications (LUPA) - UFG

View raw message