From sankalp kohli <kohlisank...@gmail.com>
Subject Replacing dead node in 1.2 with vnodes
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2013 18:25:43 GMT
Hi,
    I was reading documentation for replacing a dead node with vnodes (
http://www.datastax.com/docs/1.2/operations/add_replace_nodes#replace-node)

Should we not use "removenode" command instead of "removenode force".

This is because force will not attempt to do replication which is required
because of dead node.

This is the documentation for force removal of node in code.

/**
     * Force a remove operation to complete. This may be necessary if a
remove operation
     * blocks forever due to node/stream failure. removeToken() must be
called
     * first, this is a last resort measure.  No further attempt will be
made to restore replicas.
     */

Thanks,
Sankalp