From Edward Capriolo <edlinuxg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mmaped files and swap
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2013 14:50:08 GMT
You really can not control what the OS-swaps out. java has other memory
usage outside the heap, and native memory. best to turn swap off. Swap is
kinda old school anyway at this point. It made sense when machines had 32MB
RAM.

Keeping your read 95th percentile low is mostly about removing deviations
that cause requests to slow down, swap is one of the things that cause
fluctuation becuase it is not predictable.