From Joel Samuelsson <samuelsson.j...@gmail.com>
Subject Cassandra freezes
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2013 12:06:04 GMT
Hello,

I've been trying to load test a one node cassandra cluster. When I add lots
of data, the Cassandra node freezes for 4-5 minutes during which neither
reads nor writes are served.
During this time, Cassandra takes 100% of a single CPU core.
My initial thought was that this was Cassandra flushing memtables to the
disk, however, the disk i/o is very low during this time.
Any idea what my problem could be?
I'm running in a virtual environment in which I have no control of drives.
So commit log and data directory is (probably) on the same drive.

Best regards,
Joel Samuelsson