From amulya rattan <talk2amu...@gmail.com>
Subject Cassandra cluster setup issue
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2013 09:56:00 GMT
I have started cassandra on three nodes, however opscenter only shows two
of them. The missing one is starting properly, with gossip and everything
else showing no errors. It also has the other nodes as seeds in
cassandra.yaml, so I am amazed why it doesn't show as part of the ring. I
have tried restarting it a bunch of times but neither does it throw any
error, nor it shows as part of the ring

Another strange thing is that nodetool won't start on any of the nodes. It
keeps throwing connection refused error. It's not the same usual error one
faces that starts with "Error connection to remote JMX agent!". It simply
says connection refused on x.x.x.x:7199. However, I can see the JMX port is
bound by cassandra on 0.0.0.0. I can use cassandra-cli on 9160 and
opscenter on 8888, but not jmx port. As last resort, I turned off firewall
completely, but to no avail.

I never faced any such errors setting cassandra cluster up in the past, so
this is completely flabbergasting to me given that the port is bound and
firewall is off.

Anybody faced anything similar in the past? Or anybody knows how to solve
it? All responses appreciated.

~Amulya