From Alain RODRIGUEZ <arodr...@gmail.com>
Subject About the heap
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2013 17:11:04 GMT
Hi,

I would like to know everything that is in the heap.

We are here speaking of C*1.1.6

Theory :

- Memtable (1024 MB)
- Key Cache (100 MB)
- Row Cache (disabled, and serialized with JNA activated anyway, so should
be off-heap)
- BloomFilters (about 1,03 GB - from cfstats, adding all the "Bloom Filter
Space Used" and considering they are showed in Bytes - 1103765112)
- Anything else ?

So my heap should be fluctuating between 1,15 GB and 2.15 GB and growing
slowly (from the new BF of my new data).

My heap is actually changing from 3-4 GB to 6 GB and sometimes growing to
the max 8 GB (crashing the node).

Because of this I have an unstable cluster and have no other choice than
use Amazon EC2 xLarge instances when we would rather use twice more EC2
Large nodes.

What am I missing ?

Practice :

Is there a way not inducing any load and easy to do to dump the heap to
analyse it with MAT (or anything else that you could advice) ?

Alain