From Alain RODRIGUEZ <arodr...@gmail.com>
Subject weird behavior with RAID 0 on EC2
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2013 10:57:59 GMT
We use C* on m1.xLarge AWS EC2 servers, with 4 disks xvdb, xvdc, xvdd, xvde
parts of a logical Raid0 (md0).

I use to see their use increasing in the same way. This morning there was a
normal minor compaction followed by messages dropped on one node (out of
12).

Looking closely at this node I saw the following:

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/9425/opscenterweirddisk.png

On this node, one of the four disks (xvdd) started working hardly while
other worked less intensively.

This is quite weird since I always saw this 4 disks being used the exact
same way at every moment (as you can see on 5 other nodes or when the node
".239" come back to normal).

Any idea on what happened and on how it can be avoided ?

Alain