From a k <kumaramit.ex...@gmail.com>
Subject commitlog -deleted keyspaces.
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2013 17:46:51 GMT
We are running a 4 node cluster version 1.1.0 and our commit logs seem to
be ever growing. We have a total about 250 GB per node in the
keyspaces/column families and the commit logs are at about 30 GB.There have
been several deletions of keyspaces in our setup and I am concerned about a
few things.

First being the size of the commit logs, we have not modified the
"commitlog_total_space_in_mb" in yaml so I assume it is the default
4092MB, We don't have "memtable_flush_after_mins" setting either.

Is this sane? Why would the size of the commit logs be so large (I am
worried about the startup time, when it has to replay the commit logs) and
why would the default size of 4092 MB not be enforced.

Would it cause us trouble when we upgrade to 1.2?

Another thing I have noticed is that upon restarts, the old keyspaces that
were deleted re-appear although with less data, I would imagine that has
nothing to do with the commit logs.

Can I safely delete the commitlogs after the nodetool flush?

Many thanks
Amit