From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: cfhistograms
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2013 19:49:46 GMT
> I think we all go through this learning curve.  Here is the answer I gave last time this
question was asked:
+1

> What I don't understand hete is "Row Size" column. Why is it  always 0?

Is it zero all the way down?
What does cfstats say about the compacted max row size?

Cheers
-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 26/03/2013, at 6:37 AM, Derek Williams <derek@fyrie.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 10:36 AM, Brian Tarbox <tarbox@cabotresearch.com> wrote:
> I think we all go through this learning curve.  Here is the answer I gave last time this
question was asked:

> The output of this command seems to make no sense unless I think of it as 5 completely
separate histograms that just happen to be displayed together.

> Using this example output should I read it as: my reads all took either 1 or 2 sstable.
 And separately, I had write latencies of 3,7,19.  And separately I had read latencies of
2, 8,69, etc?

> Little correction: The actual value is in the Offset column, all the other columns are
the count for that bucket of the histogram. For example in write latency the 3, 7, and 19
refer to how many requests had that latency. 3 write requests took 17us, 7 requests took 20us,
and 19 took 24us.