From S C <as...@outlook.com>
Subject java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2013 22:54:25 GMT
I have a Cassandra node that is going down frequently with 'java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable
to create new native thread". Its a 16GB VM out of which 4GB is set as Xmx and there are no
other process running on the VM.  I have about 300 clients connecting to this node on an average.
I have no indication from vmstats/SAR that my VM has used more memory or is memory hungry.
Doesn't indicate a memory issue to me. Appreciate any pointers to this.
System Specs: 2CPU16GBRHEL 6.2

Thank you.