From Kevin Burton <rkevinbur...@charter.net>
Subject Re: Importing data from SQL Server
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2013 14:52:27 GMT
Not familiar with 'dapper' or Cassandra-sharp is there a step by step guide to this process
including the install? Thanks for the tip.

On Mar 11, 2013, at 9:41 AM, Pierre Chalamet <pierre@chalamet.net> wrote:

> You can quickly create a query using dapper and then transfer all your rows  using cassandra-sharp
actually. The only thing you have to do is to create a class to materialize a row and obviously
the SQL and CQL statements.

> I also have a pending change for cassandra-sharp-contrib that I'm planning to submit
for performing such task. If you are patient enough, you will be able to get it in a few days.
This requires cql 3 btw.

> - Pierre

to find a good way to transfer directly from a Microsoft SQL Server table to a Cassandra CF.
Even better would be a method to take as input the output of an arbitrary SQL query. Ideas?