From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: HintedHandoff IOError?
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2013 06:07:42 GMT
What version of cassandra are you using?
I would stop each node and delete the hints. If it happens again I could either indicate a
failing disk or a bug.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 11/03/2013, at 2:13 PM, Robert Coli <robert.d.a.coli@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 7:05 AM, Janne Jalkanen
> <janne.jalkanen@ecyrd.com> wrote:
>> I keep seeing these in my log.  Three-node cluster, one node is working fine, but
two other nodes have increased latencies and these in the error logs (might of course be unrelated).
No obvious GC pressure, no disk errors that I can see.  Ubuntu 12.04 on EC2, Java 7. Repair
is run regularly.

>> My two questions: 1) should I worry, and 2) what might be going on, and 3) is there
any way to get rid of these? Can I just blow my HintedHandoff table to smithereens?