From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: For clients, which node to connect too? (Python, CQL 1.4 driver)
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2013 20:19:12 GMT
> It doesn't give me the option to specify multiple client addresses, just one. Will this
be an issue?
No, but it's good to have a list of servers to balance the load or work when the node is not
running.

I'm sure there is an approach to getting it in there. Will try to ping one of the contributors.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 26/03/2013, at 1:57 AM, Adam Venturella <aventurella@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am currently running 4 nodes, @ 1.2.2.
>
> I was curious if it mattered what node I have my clients connect to. Using the python
cql driver :
> https://pypi.python.org/pypi/cql/
>
> It doesn't give me the option to specify multiple client addresses, just one. Will this
be an issue?

> My assumption is that given that the data is spread out across the ring, it shouldn't
really matter since chances are it will need to pull data from another node anyway.